Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Inspiration

Seoul probably won't win any awards (anytime soon) for stunning architecture or breathtaking civic design, but inspiration can often be found in written messages posted in obscure places. One of my favorites lately is a motivational ditty in English adorning Yeouido's 63 Building. I see the message, "Love your life. Love your dream," almost every time I traverse over the Han River and during jogs around the city. English phrases found around Korea often come off as ambiguous, humorous translations of Korean sayings. I've never heard, "Love your dream," before, but whether the 63 Building's uplifting slogan is intentional inspiration or accidental philosophy, I like it! What could be better than loving your life, and enjoying what you're striving for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
Saw the Film "The Castaway on the Moon" just now and 63 building in the film with writing on it and I had to know more. Sorry I found your blog years later but when you find this post years later you will want to see this movie and understand what this means below: H E L L O